Here, As being an Android Developer (since last 1 year – from january 2010), i would like to let you know the brief about The most rocking mobile application platform i.e. Android.
What is Android?
- Its an Operating System for smart phones.
- Its an Open source.
- Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications.
- The Android SDK(Software Development Kit) provides the tools and APIs(Application Programming Interface) necessary to begin developing applications on the Android platform.
- Java is the programming language used in Android development.
- The Android open-source software stack consists of Java applications running on a Java-based, object-oriented application framework on top of Java core libraries running on a Dalvik virtual machine featuring JIT compilation.
- Android OS is based on the Linux Kernel.
- Google acquired Android Inc. in august 2005.
For having a reference, refer below links: