Problem: How do I install Android Tools/Plugin without having internet connection?
After having experience to work in Android, I was thinking why shouldn’t we install Android tools/plugin by offline(without having network connection), as Android is suggesting you to download Android SDK-tools, various Android platforms(3.1, 3.0, 2.3.3, 2.3,2.2 and many other), Android ADT plugin for Eclipse by online, i am really not agree with this for the installation in 2nd machine with the same tools/ADT plugin/SDK (Yes agree for the first time installation in one PC/Laptop).
So let me share you a solution for the same finally.
(I assume you are already having 1 complete installation of Android in either your friend’s machine or anyone’s machine)
If you have installed Android Tools/SDK/Platform in any one machine and want to install in other 10-20 or many other machine then you can do below steps to install Android in any number of machine instead of downloading all the Tools/SDK/Platforms by online. (Or yes if your friend having fully installation of the same then also you can follow below steps to install Android Tools/SDK/Platforms in your machine or other machines).
Steps – For the installation of Android by OFFLINE:
- Copy android-sdk directory(In windows, in most cases its at c:) and paste in your machine’s c: or any other drive, i assume you will paste in c:
- Check c:android-sdkplatforms directory, if it is blank then copy all platforms from that machine’s same directory and paste it inside your c:android-sdkplatforms directory.
- Now, copy Eclipse and paste in your machine.
- Now, you are only left with installation of Android ADT Plugin inside your eclipse, for that you need to check the plugins directory of eclipse, in my case it is: E:AndroidAndroid Softwareeclipseplugins , so browse through this directory and check whether the below plugins are there or not, if not there are not in your machine, then copy those from your friend’s machine.
Steps – For the installation of Android by ONLINE:
You can also download Android SDK/Tools/Plugin by online if you wants:
1. Andorid SDK: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
2. Eclipse: Download eclipse from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/.
3. Android ADT plugin: http://developer.android.com/sdk/eclipse-adt.html , you need to follow the download process.
4. Android platforms: this you can download by running emulator same as below, it will list you all the platforms those are available to install.