After been long searching and trying, I got the news that “Samsung Galaxy 3(GT-i5801)” froyo (2.2) update is available in india through the Samsung Kies software. I have upgraded my phone successfully. The steps which I have followed are mentioned here, so you can also follow the same steps to upgrade Samsung Galaxy 3(GT-i5801) phone.
Note: I got the news from Androidos.in site, and finally I am having trust to update the version, otherwise I have found many articles which tells to download flash and some other files and then update. So I thought it may be a bad or root the phone.
Before trying to upgrade, please keep patience and note that it may take around 2-3 hours depends on the speed of your network connection.
Please feel free to provide your best comment and feedback here.
- Attach your phone with USB cable to PC, when you connect your phone(with USB cable) to PC, it will ask for the “USB Connection Mode”, select Samsung Kies from the given list. Then it will keep trying to “Connecting….”.
- Once it is connected successfully, then if there is any upgrade available then it will raise a dialog box asking for “udpate” confirmation.
- Once you click on the “Update”, it will show a below dialog:
- Read the information carefully, and click on “Start Upgrade” for the further upgrading steps.
- Now it will “Prepare for Firmware upgrade”.